Friday, June 7, 2013

Catching Up with My College Roommates in Minneapolis

Back in 1997, "the 4 of us" arrived at NWC from4 different states (SD, MN, ND, and MI). We crammed into a dorm together, and like magic, this synergy developed. During our college years, we pulled all-nighters in campus center, giggled during class, ate chocolate covered Oreos from the Eagle's Nest, got tossed in the pool, played pranks, and painted the rock. Since NWC, we'd been in each other's weddings, gone camping on the Northshore, and despite the geographical distance, we still managed to visit nearly annually. While we had gotten together individually, the last time we had been able to gather as "the 4 of us," was nearly 3 years ago, which is why we were so excited to reunite at Lauren's new apartment in Down town Minneapolis.
I love having 3 incredible gals in my life who love me just as I am. We spent 6 hours catching up, and like the old days, we stayed up late into the morning, laughing, sharing, and listening. I love getting together with these gals. My heart feels at home among them. If only Minneapolis were warmer and had mountains, I could convince Mark to make this my year-round reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment