Saturday, June 15, 2013

Good Mark and Good Annie Go To Iguazu Falls

I was tying my shoes and packing a bag for Iguazu Falls when Mark made an announcement. Here's what it sounded like to me, "I'm about to change your whole life... Change, change, change... instability... Let's stay in South America! By the way, this is the only way I can get my Masters and PhD."
If I recall, my response was something along the lines of, "I don't like this plan one bit."
As you can imagine, it was a wonderful start to the day. It got us really excited about leaving the hostel and exploring a National Park/ UNESCO World Heritage Site with loads of other people around, including each other. As we entered the park, Mark said, "I'd like to spend the day with our best friends."
Me: Which ones?
Mark: Good Mark and Good Annie.
Me (laughing): Yeah, I like those two. They're a lot of fun.
So, Good Mark and Good Annie held hands and began their enjoyable day in Iguazu Falls. Good Mark and Good Annie took a train up to a hiking trail at the top of the falls where they checked out Devil's Throat.
Good Mark and Good Annie spent at least half an hour listening to the sounds of the falls. The water mesmorized and tranquilized them.
Good Mark and Annie hiked to some more falls.
Good Mark and Annie saw some animals playing.

Good Mark and Annie played with the butterflies.

My favorite little race car butterfly, #88
Good Mark and Annie decided it would be okay to figure out their future some other day, because today was meant to celebrate waterfalls, butterflies, and best friends.
Good Mark and Annie traveled happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment