Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wine Tasting in Cafeyette

Drinking in the countryside is as good as, or better than, the finest cup of merlot. The wine country of Cafeyette is a fine cup of merlot (or malbec, or torrontes, as the locals prefer). I'd love to claim that my increased enjoyment of the scenery more than the wine is purely due to my love of nature, but it might have something to do with that second glass of wine in Iguazu Falls... oh, how I loathe that feeling. Oh, how my body creates taste aversions...

Mark has never enjoyed wine. He used to be my wine tasting sober-cab, but Argentina has changed him. As I write, he's enjoying his second cup of vino tinto. It's become his supper drink of choice (and who can blame him? It's the perfect accompaniment to steak!). In an ironic twist of fate, he's had more wine in Argentina than I have. I hope I can shake this taste aversion, because although I enjoy the scenery, I'd like to get back to enjoying the occasional glass of wine along with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment